On March 6 2019 you can donate your airline miles during Wishes In Flight and make a child's wish come true! Air travel is Make-A-Wish® Idaho's biggest annual expense. In fact, more than 93% of the wishes we grant involve air transportation. At the same time, literally trillions of airline miles go unused each year. Instead of letting those miles expire, you can put your unused or Delta, United, or Horizon/Alaska miles to good use! Last year our 3 state-wide telethons raised 3.5 million miles.
How do people give their air miles?
Call (208) 472-2220 on Wednesday March 6 and donate your unused or soon to be expiring airline miles! We can take as few as 1,000 miles or as many as you would like to give us! When you call be ready to give us your mileage account number and how many miles you would like to give.
Give miles from Alaska/Horizon, Delta, and United airlines. To donate Southwest, American or JetBlue Miles they can go to our website at http://idaho.wish.org/ways-to-help/giving/airline-miles to find out more information.
What is Wishes in Flight?
- It is an on-air telethon and an opportunity for the community to call in and donate their air miles to help us fly wish kids and their families to their travel destination.
- More than 90% of all Idaho wishes are travel-related, which means we need lots of air miles to reduce the cost of airline expenses.
- We fly entire families, not just the child.
- Last year we flew more than 75 families to destinations across the country
How many miles does a wish kid need?
- Each ticket takes at least 50,000 miles. An average family consists of five people – that’s 250,000 miles
- We need up to 20 million air miles annually to meet those needs. Having donated air miles greatly reduces the expense to Make-A-Wish Idaho.
- You can give 1,000 miles or you can give 100,000. Every little bit goes a long way.
- Our goal is 2,000,000 miles donated in Boise! That is 40 tickets to send wish kids on their wish.